|
|
||
|
Saturday, October 24, 2009
It was a fun experience after all, even though it was an ORGANIZED flash mob. I guess different people have different opinions on flash mob. Many might criticize that spontaneity is what makes it a flash mob, so if the flash mob is organized, technically it cannot be called a flash mob. But may I question, how do u get hundreds of people to dance the same choreography without some kinda preparation and organization? Of coz you can argue that hundreds of people can gathered somewhere on the day itself and then learn the steps on the spot. Or perhaps dancers should be recruited by the word of mouth, whoever turns up will dance so there isn't any QC. But if we do all these, the quality of the dance will be compromised. So I guess it is a matter of whether u want a good quality flash mob or an original spontaneous one.. I have to agree that flash mobs are getting more commercialized as they are increasingly being used as publicity or marketing methods. However, it might not be a bad thing! The dancers have fun, the audiences are entertained and of coz the organizers also get what they want ----> publicity! Since it is a win-win-win situation, why do we still criticize the organizers for commercializing flash mobs? I'm sure that if there isn't commercialization, much lesser flash mobs will be seen in Singapore (at least for flash dance). So why not accept this commercialization and then enjoy being surprised by an organized flash mob one day when you walk along orchard road? Last but not least.. here's the flash mob I went for =) Enjoy!
12:33 AM
|
||